credits :
Hover The Pics
Hello

Assalamualaikum, Hello, Anyong, Konichiwa! Take your time in here and leave some comment and trace for me. Thanks!


More?
entries profile stuff
+Follow Home

tagboard

Double click the Cbox and say something. ^_^
Malaysia Taxi: The Truth Why The Rate Is Different by
17 June 2012|0 talkative person(s)

Assalamualaikum and a good day to all of you~! :D


I bet most of the Malaysian @ foreigners who came to Malaysia recognize the picture above. Yes everybody, it's Malaysian's taxi. People will started to recognize it because of it's white-red color on it's body.

You guys must be wondering why I talk about this right? Well, here's some story:

Last Sunday, when I reached Perlis, I got a call from my ex-room mate a.k.a one of my best friend called me and said that he want me to accompany him to KL. I gladly accept without knowing when. When I asked, he say right away, and he even brought me the ticket as well. I was like "WTH?!" -.-

But a friend in need is a friend indeed. So I followed him despite that I have class on the day. Oh well, I forgot to register my course anyway, so I use this advantage to register my course and give some time before my name pop up in the system.

And so, we arrived in KL, get a rest, then during the next day, I had to accompany him to various places to settle his stuff and of course, shopping. So, one day, we decided to go to Low Yatt to do some thumb drive shopping coz I lost my old one, unfortunately. But lucky I manage to buy a new one at the same price as the old one, and it's 16GB. Cool.

So at that time, it's already night, and our tickets to Kangar is around midnight. So we decided to take a cab to Hentian Pudu, which is about 2km distance from Low Yatt. When I try to ask them to sent me there, they keep repeating the same reason:

"Jalan jam lah dik, xlalu situ."

Translation: The road is jammed, we didn't go there bro.

To be honest, jammed at 10-11PM?? RIDICULOUS! The road is totally free, there's no hell way the road is jammed. Even if we did get a cab, they charge about RM15, 3 times a lot then a regular fare (About RM5, coz the road between Pudu and Time Square has been close temporally, so they need to use alternative way). With a hated look at them together with " Go f*** yourself " face to them, I leave. Then another taxi stopped. I already gave up, but my friend said it's the last shot, then we can call the day. Lucky us, the taxi we took is using meter, and like I said, we paid RM5.

I complain to the taxi driver, and he give me some tips when looking for a taxi driver:

" Kalau nak cari teksi, jangan cari yang dah
1) Mati enjin then lepak dalam kereta
2) Lepak kat luar kereta
Sebab kalau adik jumpa orang yang cmtue, diorang tue tunggu nak sapu jew, sebab xramai orang time malam. Orang xder pilihan sangat sebab LRT ngan tren dah xder. "

Translation: If you're looking for a cab, don't look for:
1) The one who switch off their engine then hang around inside the car.
2) Hang out outside the taxi
Because if you find one, they're taking advantage towards others coz there's not a lot of people during this time. They have no options coz the LRT and other transportation has closed its operation.

So, if you're in KL, I advice to remember this very well.

Oh, if you're in the northern area, the fare also high. About 2km they will charge you for RM8. It's expansive right? Not if you're travel with peers. Get another 3 friends and shared you guys money, and one people will only pay RM2.

But if you're a real traveler, I advice to gain more information to access to most of the places with cheapest price of transportation as possible. Because you'll never know, they would take advantage to you, including to girls; raping.

I'm not kidding girls, there's a lot of raping involving taxi driver during 2007 - 2008 if I remember correctly.  In UIAM at Gombak, there's several of cases where the taxi driver installed a chloroform inside their air-conditioner, and when they activate it, the air will fill with chloroform. So I advice to bring someone you really trust @ resist with drugs. Or simply brings a lot of friends. Security first.

I wish the taxi driver would do their job with more honesty and dignity. Because if they don't, one day every customer will turn down taxi as public transportation and go to public bus. To authorities, if you ever read this, I hope that you could take SERIOUS action towards all taxi drivers. Re-enforce the rule, set up a GPS so that the company could track down and duration, and other stuff that you guys could think of. As I said, security first, and I want some honesty in a job. Showing corruption toward youngster how to work? Don't blame us if the future you guys taught us will be much worse than this. Imagine it yourself. It's called karma.

-.-



◄ OlderNewer ►